Monday, August 17, 2015

abundantly.



"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think according to the power at work within." (Ephesians 3:20)


abundantly.

that word speaks volumes over me today.

in the last (almost) three months i have seen this verse come to life on several different occasions.

at the annual sozo dinner this past Saturday i watched over $50,000 be fundraised in front of my own two (tear filled) eyes.

in uganda this summer, i watched a group of teenage boys who were raised in the muslim faith, put their trust in Jesus.

in my own life, i have seen wounds be healed that i though would hurt forever. that i thought would sting every time someone reopened them

i serve a God who can do and will do abundantly more than i could ever dream up myself.

i serve a God who laughs at what i have planned and thinks to Himself how much greater He can do.

so as i sit here, writing this, with a big cup of coffee and spoonful of peanut butter, i wonder what my next year (or five years) will hold. i wonder how Uganda will effect my plans and the remainder of my life. i wonder if there will ever be a time where the memories i made this summer won't haunt me because of how the serious the effect those people, that culture and that brown mud had on my heart. somehow in that sea of thoughts I'm brought back to one word.

abundant. abundantly more.

let go of your worries. let go of your five year plan. let Him do what He does best, abundantly more.


No comments:

Post a Comment